Friday, August 21, 2009

100th Birthday Party

Hello, I am Corrie ten Boom. I live in Haarlem, Holand. The year is 1938 and today my family is celebrating the 100th anniversary of our family watch shop (run by my father). I am worried about Willem, my brother. He is a preacher and thinks that the Germans are deliberating a large scale move against Jews. Willem didn't try to change people, just to serve them so you can imagine that this news upset him a lot. He actually had built a home for elderly Jews in Hilversum-- for the elderly of all faiths because Willem was against any kind of segregation. Nollie arrived late to the party but she made it. Nollie is my older sister that is married and has a family.We went into a deep conversation about if Germany goes to war. A war could put most of us out of business (in the watch business that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment